The position is new and therefore you can have great impact in developing the function. You will be instrumental in designing the environment and ways of working. We are looking for a Data Manager, an analytical professional who thrives on the chance to decipher data at Grant Thornton Finland. You will discover efficient ways to acquire, organize and analyse data with attention to security and confidentiality.
The position has currently three major areas:
- Extraction, transformation, and analyses of client data to supply to internal stakeholders.
- Client audits in the domain of IT and Data management
- Develop the data management and analytics practises
Future: recruit a team of Data analyst
The position would report to the CIO to start with.
A great data manager can fully grasp the complexity of data management and cleaning of source data. The ideal candidate will have a strong understanding of Accounting and Data analysis procedures in an Audit function, also be structured and possess a can-do attitude.
The goal is to ensure that information flows timely and securely to and from assignments and the stakeholders in the firm.
- Manage all incoming data files
- Support Audit activities related to customer Data management and IT management in general
- Ability to decipher and organize large amounts of data
- Formulate techniques for quality data collection to ensure adequacy, accuracy, and legitimacy of data
- Devise and implement efficient and fast procedures for data handling and analysis with attention to stakeholder demands
- Establish rules and procedures for data sharing with audit partners, external stakeholders etc.
- Support others in the daily use of data analytics and ensure adherence to legal and company standards
- Ability to translate complex problems clearly and in nontechnical terms.
- Create reports and support data extraction in client accounting systems
- Monitor and analyze information and data systems and evaluate their consistency to discover shortcomings or discrepancies
- Audit digital databases and archives to ensure that they are protected from security breaches and data losses
- Troubleshoot data-related problems and clean-up data sets of interest
- Create and enforce practices for effective data management
Requirements and skills
- Excellent understanding of data administration and management functions (collection, analysis, distribution etc.)
- Familiarity with modern data transformation and information system technologies
- Proficient in MS Office (Excel, PowerPoint, Word etc.)
- An analytical mindset with problem-solving skills
- Excellent communication and collaboration skills
- BSc/BA in a field of where data analysis is in the core, e.g. physics, economics, math, computer science/engineering.
- Proficient in written and spoken English
Nice to have
- Proven experience as data manager
- Experience in IDEA (Caseware), Python, SQL
- Experience with the most common accounting systems in Finland
- Proficient in written and spoken Finnish and/or Swedish
Please send your CV to our recruitment system latest on the 21st of October 2023. Please note that we will review applications already during the application period. We will fill the position as soon as we find the right person. If you have any questions, please contact: email@example.com